Stress, wrong diet with too much sugar or fast food as well as lack of exercise are often decisive causes for a not properly working intestine. The consequences are intestinal disorders and loss of quality of life. But there is a potential remedy. We show you how to keep your intestine healthy. After all, our intestine is the center of our immune system.
If your gut is getting crazy
If you have intestinal problems, you are not alone. About one third of all people in Austria and Germany suffer from complaints in the intestinal tract. Which intestinal disorders are we talking about?
The most common ones are:
- irritable bowel syndrome – describes various disease symptoms such as abdominal pain, flatulence, diarrhea or constipation
- inflammation of the small intestine (Crohn’s disease)
- inflammation of the colon (ulcerative colitis)
- intestinal infections
Intestinal disorders have an impact on the entire human organism and can cause chronic fatigue, joint pain, headaches, depressions, allergies and asthma.
Tips for a healthy gut
It need not always be medicine. Simple first measures are often sufficient:
- drink a glass of lukewarm water in the morning before breakfast time
- take your time to eat
- enjoy light food in the evening (fish, poultry, salad)
- dietary fiber and natural yoghurts have to be included on the menu
- drink plenty of water or teas throughout the day
- more exercise activates the gut
- a lot of sleep is good for the gut
- we breath flatter in hectic daily life, deep breathing helps
- take time out in the nature. The silence has a positive effect on the intestine
- if the intestinal problems persist longer, a doctor should be consulted
- the subject of intestinal rehabilitation should generally take place only under supervision of a doctor or with advice of a pharmacist twice a year
The right micronutrients
Intestinal problems can be positively influenced with the right nutrition like fruits, vegetables, fiber and various fresh food. It is important that intestine absorbs enough of relevant nutrients, such as iron, vitamin B12 and fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin D.
It is worth to support well-being through additional food supplements. At NICApur® you can find many high-quality products, which can support your intestinal flora. For example NicaLact® Biotik, NicaLact® cura 90, Ferroverde 21 or vitamin B Complex activated.